Registration is open for the 2019 Dallas Chocolate Festival!
The Dallas Chocolate is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary by telling “The Story of Chocolate.” Chocolate lovers from around the region come to taste, learn… and shop! Exhibitors come from around the world, and this is your chance to be part of the story!
If you have questions about being an exhibitor, please give us a call or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dallas Chocolate Festival is an event that celebrates the best of the world of chocolate. We highlight the quality, artistry, and unique tastes of chocolate. The event showcases artisans large and small from all around the world.
This event is open to the public.
What: 2019 Dallas Chocolate Festival
When: September 6-8, 2019.
Friday, September 6th: VIP Night, 7:00PM – 10:ooPM
Saturday, September 9/7: Main Event from 11:00AM – 5:00PM
Sunday, September 9/8: Main Event from 11:ooAM – 5:00PM **** Festival Extended – now sell for a 3rd day***
Where: We’re back at the F.I.G (Fashion Institute Gallery) in the heart of the Arts District in Dallas. Located at 1807 Ross Ave.
Why: To educate the public about chocolate… one bar at a time.
How: Through classes, workshops, lots of tasting and shopping, and a whole lot of fun. Check out the highlights from 2018.
What Vendors Need to Know:
This year we anticipate 3500 guests during the 3 day event. (In 2018, the 2 day event had 2500 attendees). The Festival sees an increase in attendees every year, and 2019 is expected to sell out. The main event is family-friendly and is open to all ages. The VIP event on Friday night will be for 21 and up as well as the media.
Entry times are staggered to manage flow of attendees to be constant throughout the day. It will be a steady stream of chocolate-seekers from 11:00 – 5:00.
Vendors are encouraged to sell.
This is a chance to put your product into the hands of savvy foodies from all around Texas. Bring plenty of product that’s pre-wrapped and ready to sell.
Vendors are required to sample. A sample can be small, but be prepared to provide at least 2000 samples over the 2 days. Vendors are encouraged to stagger samples so that they have product available throughout the entire festival.
Use the hashtag: #DallasChocolate
If you tag us on social media we’ll do our best to retweet, share, repost, etc. all your great stuff. @DallasChocolate
There are two sizes of booths: Single (8′ wide) and Double (16′ wide)
Your booth registration fee includes:
- Lunch for 2 on Saturday and Sunday during the festival
- Dallas City required food permits
- Company name listed in program, printed materials, and on the website
- Social media mentions
Add the premium package and you’ll also receive:
- Social Media Feature Coverage
- Logo on website
- Logo on event T-shirt
- Preferred booth space
- Opportunity to do an Instagram Takeover Day in August of 2019
If you’ve got questions, please send us an email at email@example.com.
The Fairmont Dallas will be returning as a sponsor and discounted rates will be available. It is a great place to stay if you are coming from out of town (or if you just don’t want to drive home in between), as it is literally across the street from the exhibit hall. If you stay here, you will not need a car to get to the event (and Uber, Lyft, rental scooters and Dallas Area Rapid Transit can get you everywhere else you might need to go.)
The 2019 Dallas Chocolate Festival will celebrate the creativity and talent from chocolate makers and chocolatiers the world over. The goal is to educate the public about artisan chocolate… one bar at a time. Our belief in education also is reflected in our scholarship program. A portion of funds from this event will provide full scholarships to pastry students enrolled in North Texas college-level culinary programs. To date, DallasChocolate.org has provided over $20,000 in scholarships for local culinary programs.
The theme for 2019 is “The Story of Chocolate.” Our storybook inspired theme will emphasize the narrative of cacao farm to artisan chocolate, with all the settings, characters and drama that happen along the way. This will happen with live demos, formal talks and presentations, photo ops, and live video displays.
We expect over 3500 chocolate lovers to attend in 2019. Our post-event surveys from 2018 show that more than 60% of attendees spent more than $50 at the festival. This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for you to get your products in front of a very targeted audience.
What’s returning from last year:
VIP Night on Friday
Later start time for Saturday and Sunda(11:00AM)
Vendor Speed Dating
Load-in Straight to your booth
Discounted Rates at Fairmont Hotel
Spaced entry times to keep traffic flow consistent throughout the day.
Same venue, with two booth sizes to chose from
Interactive Kids Room
Ability to sell to up to 3500 chocolate enthusiasts.
Media event to promote the Festival a month before the Festival
Promotion support (posters, post cards, social media promotion, print advertising, TV appearances) leading up to the Festival
Date: Friday, September 6, 7 – 10PM, Saturday September 8 and Sunday Sept. 9, 2019 11:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Fashion Institute Gallery (The F.I.G.) in Downtown Dallas
Attendance/Tickets: VIPs ($75), General Admission ($30), Children ($5)
Have you been to the Festival before? Sweet!
Special Pricing available for returning vendors. Email us for the details.
An extra day to sell: The Festival adds a 3rd day – Sunday, Sept 7th from 11:00 – 5:00 at the F.I.G.
Return of Food Trucks (so guests can stay longer)
Seating areas – so guests can break (and snack on their purchases)
New Theme: The Story of Chocolate
The Dallas Chocolate Festival has always been about promoting artisan chocolate. It continues to garner rave reviews from the media and attendees because our vendors have been active participants in that success. Please read through the benefits, responsibilities, and opportunities listed here to see how your company can be involved in this event.
Benefits to the Vendor Include:
- Press coverage from food related websites and publications
- Promotion on DallasChocolate.org website and social media leading up to the event
- A social media kit to promote the festival on your own outlets.
- Event posters and postcards to use with your customers.
- An opportunity to sell to a very targeted market of 3500 chocolate lovers.
- An opportunity to network within the chocolate community.
In order for the event to be a success, our vendors need to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2000 samples (they can be small, they don’t need to be full size bonbons).
- Staffing for your table the entirety of the event
- Certification that all food handed out and sold was made in a certified commercial kitchen.
- Your own insurance (DallasChocolate.org will have event insurance, but it does not cover vendors specifically.)
- Booth decoration and display. A table with draping will be provided. Bring your own signage, product, and display pieces to showcase and sell your amazing products.
- Selling – you must be prepared to receive payment, collect taxes, etc. via cash, credit card, etc.
We are always looking for vendors who want to get more involved. Other ways you can get your name and your product in front of chocolate lovers include:
- Contributing product for the VIP bags
- Attending the media event prior to the festival
- Participating in media interviews (tv, radio, print, web)
- Instagram Takeover of @DallasChocolate for a day leading up to the event.
- Presenting a demonstration or leading a class at the festival (bonbon decorating, tempering chocolate, selecting flavor combinations, your personal chocolate journey, etc.)
If you are interested in participating in any of these ways, please let us know!
There are multiple levels for vendors wishing to participate. The Standard, and the Premium. Both levels are available in a single (8′ foot) or double wide (16′) booth space. Read below to see the options available for each.
Standard Vendor (Single: $600 / Double Wide: $1100)
This package is available to chocolate-related businesses that want to share their confections with chocolate lovers of North Texas. This is the ideal choice for independent chocolatiers and bean-to-bar chocolate makers. The package includes:
- Table with drape in the main hall of the Festival for sales, sampling, display, etc.
- Posters and flyers to distribute at your business
- Social Media Digital Press Kit
- Lunch for 2 on Saturday and Sunday
- Dallas City Required food permits
- Name listed in program, printed materials, and on the website
- Social media mentions
Premium Level Package (+ $250 to booth registration costs)
Includes all the benefits as the standard level. In addition, premium level vendors will receive:
- Premium booth placement on the show floor.
- Instagram Takeover day on DallasChocolate’s page.
- Social Media Feature Coverage
- Logo on website
- Spaces are limited
For companies with more than 20 employees or a national reach, we have sponsorship tables with additional benefits starting at $1000. Email us here if you are interested in a sponsorship package.)